Friday, January 6, 2012

Crispy Parm-Crusted Fillet Of Fish

So, for those of you who visit my blog regularly... I LOVE YOU!  You make me happy.  And for those of who who just found my blog, keep coming back.  I love you too!  

I've got to tell you all that I've been a bit flustered about something.  I am going back to school for nursing, starting NOW.  I got into a great program and I'm very excited to be on my way to what I love doing... but I have another love in life, which is my cooking and baking, plus this blog.  So, with the beginning of this new journey, I don't want to slack on the blogging and let you all down.

So here's what I've been doing.  I'm hoarding (no, not like those houses on TLC that make you want to puke).  I'm hoarding recipes.  I have cooked up some real treasures these past few months and I have reserved them for posting in the next few months while I study away on things like "acetocholine being released in the synaptic cleft of the pre-synaptic neuron to continue the electronic current to the post-synaptic neuron".  Sounds important right?  This way, you all still get new recipes and I can sleep at night knowing that my blog and homework are both getting done.  Yay us!

So I hope you enjoy everything I've put together for you and I'm sure as the semesters drag on you will see a slight change in the style of my recipes... like when I'm searching for something super easy and fast.  Hopefully you all will enjoy the change.  

Now that we got all of that taken care of, follow along and I'll show you how to make this crispy, seasoned tilapia that I'm sure your just dreuling over:



Crispy Parm-Crusted Fillet of Fish
*Recipe from Rachael Ray
4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets (or sole)
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay)
2 large eggs
1 cup plain, fine bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (or fresh Parmesan)
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
2 lemons
4-8 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Set up 3 dishes for breading the fillets.  In the first, combine the flour with the seafood seasoning.  In the second, beat the eggs with a splash of water.  In the third, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, thyme and the grated zest of 1 lemon.
Dip the fillets first in the flour, then in the egg, and finally in the bread-crumb mixture.  Heat 4 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat.  Saute fillets (only as many will fit at a time) for 6 to 7 minutes until golden, turning once.
Place the first batch on a cooling rack atop a baking sheet to keep crisp.  Add more olive oil to the skillet before beginning another batch.  Cook remaining tilapia and add to the cooling rack.
If making other sides for your dinner you can place the cooked fillets (while on the cooling rack in the pan) into a 250 degree oven to keep warm.
Serve the fillets with sliced lemon wedges.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...