- 3/4 Cup Milk ($0.11)
- 2 TBSP White Vinegar ($0.10)
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour ($0.17)
- 2 TBSP White Sugar ($0.40)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder (0.04)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda ($0.01)
- 1/2 tsp Salt (>$0.01)
- 1 Egg ($0.12)
- 2 TBSP Butter ($0.12)
- Cooking Spray
- Maple Syrup 1/2 Cup ($0.48) -depends on the brand
Total Cost to Make: $1.34 , Makes about 6 good sized pancakes. WOW!!! Can't beat that! This does not include extras like chocolate chips, fruit fillings, powdered sugar, etc.
- Combine the milk and vinegar in a medium bowl and let sit about 5 minutes to become sour.
- In separate bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Whisk the egg and melted butter into the sour milk.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until blended.
- Heat a large skillet and coat with cooking spray. Pour batter onto skillet and cook each pancake until bubbles form on top, then flip and cook until lightly browned on each side.