Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- 2 TBSP EVOO ($0.22)
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts ($1..99)
- 1 Bunch of Broccoli, chopped ($0.58)
- 16 oz Fettuccine Noodles ($1.27)
- 2 TBSP Butter ($0.12)
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced ($0.06)
- 2 TBSP All-Purpose Flour ($0.02)
- 2 2/3 Cup Fat-Free Milk ($0.40)
- 2 Cups Grated fresh Parmesan Cheese, plus some for topping ($2.00)
- 4 TBSP Cream Cheese ($1.00)
- 4 tsp Chopped Fresh Parsley (I used my frozen preserved parsley), ($0.20)
- Salt & Pepper
Total Cost to make $7.70, makes 6-8 servings, $9.21 total including biscuits.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, drop the pasta in and cook about 10 minutes to "al dente". Meanwhile, heat 1 TBSP EVOO in large skillet and add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook about 10-12 minutes, flipping half way, until browned on both sides and no longer pink in the middle.
When the chicken is done, remove from the skillet and cover to keep warm. Use the same skillet to cook the broccoli. Add 1 tbsp EVOO to the skillet, then add the broccoli and 1/2 cup of water. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
In a small saucepan over medium heat melt the butter and add the garlic. Saute for 1 minute.
Then add the flour and mix well. Slowly stir in the milk with a whisk and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly. Then add the Parmesan cheese and parsley, stirring to melt the cheese.
Set cooked, drained pasta aside and add the cream cheese to the empty pasta pan.
Cook over low heat until it melts.
Then gradually add the cheese sauce to melted cream cheese, stirring constantly.
Add cooked pasta to the sauce mixture, and coat well.
Stir in cooked broccoli.
And pour into a serving dish. Top with sliced chicken and extra Parmesan cheese.
Now for the biscuits! This part is so easy. You can start them the last 15 minutes before the meal is ready.
- 1 Package Refrigerated Biscuits, such as pillsbury ($0.85)
- 2 TBSP Butter, melted ($0.12)
- 3/4 tsp Parsley Flakes ($0.07)
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder ($0.03)
- 1/4 tsp Dill Weed ($0.03)
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese for topping ($0.25)
Total Cost of Biscuits $1.35
First, separate biscuits and cut into fourths.
Arrange on a lightly greased pan or cover pan with non-stick aluminum foil.
Mix the melted butter with the Parsley flakes, Onion powder, and Dill weed. Brush over the tops of the biscuits.
Sprinkle with plenty of Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.