- 1 TBSP olive oil ($0.11)
- 1 large onion, chopped ($0.40)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced ($0.79)
- 1 clove garlic, minced ($0.02)
- 4 cups uncooked Farfalle pasta (8oz) ($0.64)
- 2 tbsp sugar ($0.05)
- 2 tsp chili powder ($0.20)
- 3/4 tsp salt ($0.05)
- 2 cans (14oz each) diced tomatoes, undrained ($1.10)
- 1 can (8oz) tomato sauce ($0.50)
- 1 jar (2oz) diced pimentos, drained ($0.72)
- 1 lb leftover roast beef, or other precooked meat ($2.99)
- 1 cup sour cream ($0.75)
Total Cost to Make $8.31, makes 4-6 servings
First, coat large skillet with olive oil, then saute onion, garlic, and pepper until tender.
Add the 2 cans of diced tomatoes, don't drain them.
Add your tomato sauce.
Add sugar, chili powder and salt.
Then add the pimentos
and the uncooked Farfalle (bowtie) pasta.
Mix well and bring to a boil. Simmer covered 20 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
Stir in the sour cream...
And mix in your meat. Heat until hot, and serve.