Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Blueberry Zucchini Bread

Today I had some zucchini to use up, so I decided to make this blueberry zucchini bread. The recipe I used is from allrecipes.com. Here is the link, http://allrecipes.com/recipe/blueberry-zucchini-bread/detail.aspx . I thought this was a very tasty recipe, but I would use a little less vanilla extract next time, I thought it was a little strong. I also altered the recipe slightly, I used 1/2 C apple sauce and 1/2 C oil, instead of the full amount of oil, and I also used 2 C whole wheat flour and 1 C white flour, which probably made it a bit more dense, but much more healthy!
This was a great way to use my zucchini, although it only used 2 cups. I also topped the recipe with a crumb topping which is totally optional. The recipe was just the right size for one full sized loaf and 12 muffins, since my kids like to eat the muffins for breakfast!

1 comment:

Mom Dayle and Dad Steve Tedrow said...

Looks delicious. When I had young kids I kept a sourdough starter on the counter in a small bowl. From it I baked various breads and used the leftover dough to fry up scones at night. It is sometimes hard to believe how much time I used to spend in the kitchen, loving it, and now how simple I try to make it. For everything there is a season! Enjoy the season you're in and bake away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...