Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pulled Chicken Over Rice

I started out this day intending to make chicken enchiladas, which I love, BUT when it was 6:00 pm and my thermostat showed the temperature of my house had creeped up to 81 degrees I decided I wasn't going to turn the oven on and make it even harder for the AC to catch up.  We have had some terrible heat these last few weeks, so using the oven is not always in our best interest.  So, since I had already cooked my chicken and it was ready to shred, I searched for recipes that would include this chicken and this is what I found.  The recipe is at this link, http://www.food.com/recipe/pulled-chicken-over-rice-170028 and it was incredibly easy and tasty.  It tastes a lot like the rice and meatballs recipe I make a lot, but it has chicken instead.  I definitely recommend this for an easy summer meal when you don't want to run the oven!

1 comment:

ashleighskitchen said...

I'm glad you figured out an alternative! It sure looks Yummy too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...