Sunday, August 21, 2011

Homemade Pizza




This homemade pizza was really fun to make.  I made the pizza dough and the sauce from scratch and just added our favorite toppings.  My kids helped with the toppings.  The crust recipe I used came from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/premium-pizza-crust/detail.aspx and I followed the recipe using the sponge rinse method.  I ended up having to add at least another cup of flour, and next time I will probably add some more flavor with some herbs.  I also recommend brushing the edges of the crust with egg white to help it brown, and I did have to bake mine for longer than suggested to get a non-doughy crust.  Overall this was a great base recipe for making crust!  Just add some of the flavors you like to make it your own.  
The recipe I used for the pizza sauce came from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/exquisite-pizza-sauce/detail.aspx and it was very easy to make, it just calls for a lot of seasoning.  Next time I might cut some of the seasoning just a bit, but this was a yummy sauce!  
The dough was easy to roll out and shape!

This was my sauce...

I thought it would be fun to make one circle pizza and one square!


This was the pepperoni prior to baking!


And here is the hawaiian pizza.  My favorite toppings!


1 comment:

ashleighskitchen said...

Yum! You just made me hungry! That sauce looks amazing! Loving all the pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...