Friday, August 26, 2011

Easy Pasta Night!

So, tonight is the kind of night where cooking something new just sounds like too much work.  It's been the kind of day where my daughter has lost her art supplies, Nintendo DS, and lava lamp (due to attitude) and still tells me "no I won't do it" when I ask her to clean her room.  Not my favorite words.  So, being busy with that and having not made my list of meals for the next week, nor have I gone grocery shopping, I decided to make something easy that I already have ingredients for.  Spaghetti!!  Lets just say that Prego is my best friend tonight!


 All you need for this easy spaghetti is:
*1 lb ground beef ( I have some great beef from the 1/4 cow we bought locally!)
*Prego ( I get the huge bottle! 67oz)
*1 can olives (I was out of olives but it's much better with!)
*1 lb mushrooms (if you have them, I had some to use up)
*half a palm full of Oregano
*half a palm full of Italian Seasoning
*16oz dry spaghetti (or more, the big jar of sauce can cover at least 20 oz spaghetti)
*Parmesan Cheese (Optional)

Start a large pot of salted water to boil, drop in the pasta and cook to al dente, drain and set aside.  Meanwhile, in a large skillet brown the ground beef.  Drain excess fat.  Add mushrooms to the pan and cook until softened.  Pour in the Prego, then add olives and seasonings.  Simmer about 15 minutes.  Serve the sauce over the pasta! Top with parmesan if wanted.  Bada bing bada boom!  Too easy.  I don't think I'm Rachael Ray or anything with this recipe, but it's my go-to easy dinner that I can cook up in minutes without thinking.  You can also throw in an onion with the ground beef if you'd like, and spruce this dinner up with garlic bread and a side salad!

2 comments:

ashleighskitchen said...

Yum! Spaghetti is one of our favorites, and I'm going to post my easy version here soon too.:) sorry I had to laugh about your daughter not wanting to clean her room, I hated cleaning mine and always got in trouble. I'm sure it's not very funny on your end tho! ;)

Kitchen Mom said...

Thanks Ashleigh. I can't wait to see your version of spaghetti. She finally got her room clean, but it took some time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...